From Tiny Empires 3000
Some general information
- Upgrades become available based on the number of personal ships you own.
- With every six (6) ships you increase, an upgrade "unlocks" - it can take a while, upgrades average appearing every 8-12 playing hour between them.
- Each upgrade improves the fleet efficiency by 50 credits/ship
- The initial cost is the cost of the upgrade at the minimum number of ships (see below). If you go over the minimum ships needed to unlock the upgrade, as a penalty you will pay the additional multiplier cost per ship over.
- Cost will be: number of personal ships x multiplier per ship over, so the initial costs are only when you buy the upgrade at the minimal required amount of personal shipd. Watching getting to far ahead in ships as it can become very costly to upgrade if over while your credit income is still low and you have other expenses such as colonies and disasters to pay also.
- Purchasing upgrades are finished at 177 personal ships (you will get additional upgrades given to you which are listed below)
Overview of upgrades
The following upgrades are available:
- NOTE: Penalty multiplier is per ship over the amount needed to unlock the upgrade
|No. Ships||Upgrade||Minumum Cost||Penalty Multiplier||Eff. bonus (total)|
|33||Plasma cooled refrigeration system||950,400||28,800||1,300|
|39||Merchant grade navigation system||1,528,800||39,200||1,350|
|45||Install an Ops module||2,304,000||51,200||1,400|
|63||Second engine upgrade||6,098,400||96,800||1,550|
|81||Hire task master/fleet manager||12,700,800||156,800||1,700|
|87||Automated inventory module||15,660,000||180,000||1,750|
|93||Modern repair bots||19,046,400||204,800||1,800|
|105||Light-weight armor plating||27,216,000||259,200||1,900|
|117||Course-plotting system / Gravity well slingshot||37,440,000||320,000||2,000|
|123||Experimental fleet of many tiny ships||43,394,400||352,800||2,050|
|129||Replace the rest of your fleet with smaller, nimble ships||49,948,800||387,200||2,100|
|135||Shrink ray (Molecular Compression Tech)||57,132,000||423,200||2,150|
|141||Superconductor magnet sweep||64,972,800||460,800||2,200|
|147||Newer cloaking technology||73,500,000||500,000||2,250|
|153||Modern scanning system||82,742,400||540,800||2,300|
|159||Ultimate armor plating (from metallic liquid)||92,728,800||583,200||2,350|
|165||Engines converted to run on soleinium (metallic liquid)||103,488,000||627,200||2,400|
|177||Soleinium Engine - Jump Drive||127,440,000||720,000||2,500|
- The fleet efficiency can be improved further by:
- Buying colonies (each colony gives 100 credits/ship extra to a maximum of 300 credits/ship)
- Alliances: when on Broker level or higher, one can form alliances and create space ports, at four (4) space ports the fleet efficiency improves with 100 credits/ship
- Researching the same disaster 20 times for a 200 credits/ship bonus
- Permanent raise of efficiency by the Mysterious Vessel: each raise is 100 credits/ship, two such bonuses are given this way.
- Purchase a Bureaucratic Entente from the Bureaucrat to increase your Fleet Efficiency by +100 cr/ship for 60 red tape.
- Maximum fuel efficiency known to date is 3400 credits/ship.